Blog Navigation:

2009/10/03

Liftoff

At the beginning of any journey, I feel an energy in my heart: the anticipation of adventure. This marks the start of my adventures as a freelance illustrator.

I have just been paid for my first completed freelance job. The job was actually pro bono, but they very kindly gave me a gift--something pleasantly unexpected! I am finishing up another illustration job, banners for a new church building in California (a team effort between myself, fine artist Sarah Marina, and church graphic designer Sean Kent), and look forward to moving on to the next item. My digital portfolio is a couple weeks from being finished. I'm hoping to have a mini-demo on it . . . but that might be beyond my present powers. Until then, I will be building up my online portfolio here. Look for uploads on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Someday I will have a full-fledged website, but until then this blog is quite exciting. Look out! There's a wild adventure ahead . . . .